GAIA is looking for 20 enthusiasts
who are interested to run workshops on climate change in schools around Kosovo
12 – 13 October 2019
Only 3.2% of youth in Kosovo think climate change is environmental priority, but we think that can be changed through education. We believe that only those who don’t know what climate change is about, do not care about it. Climate Change is the defining issue of our time and we are at a defining moment. Our future and the survival of mankind depends on how we act and how we have acted.
Since January this year, GAIA has been working on Climate for Change project which is addressing the lack of knowledge and action on climate change in Kosovo. For the next step in the project, we are going to host workshops in schools and faculties. The aim of these workshop is to increase the knowledge about climate change and its impacts and to raise awareness on the state of climate emergency that we are in, and the need for us all to act!
These workshops will be:
– About climate change science and principles of climate emergency
– About climate change impacts in Kosovo, region and the world
– About options for actions: lifestyle and activism
– Based on non-formal methods of learning
– Adjusted to the age and the language used
Workshops in schools can be prepared and run in any language used in Kosovo, if that is applicable for that particular school (Albanian, Turkish, Romani, Serbian, English). Travel costs and materials for work will be provided.
Everyone who is interested to join Climate for Change team as workshop facilitator should:
– Apply before 5th of October by sending a short motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
– If selected, attend the preparation training in Graçanicë/Gračanica on 12th and 13th of October
– Be available and willing to run at least 4 workshops in different schools, together with another facilitator, in the period from13th of October until 20th of December)
All costs of the preparation training will be covered, including travel costs. The advantage will be give to those who attended one of previous Climate 4 Change activities (infosessions, presentations or the training).
Future facilitators will sign contract with GAIA and will receive a symbolic fee for their work.
If you have any questions, please contact us on email@example.com
More information about Climate 4 Change can be found here: http://gaiakosovo.org/climate-change/
This grant is supported by the ‘Civil Society programme for Albania and Kosovo’, financed by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and managed by Kosovar Civil Society Foundation (KCSF) in partnership with Partners Albania for Change and Development (PA). The content and recommendations do not represent the official position of the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Kosovar Civil Society Foundation (KCSF).