GAIA is looking for 12 participants from Kosovo and Balkan countries who would like to learn more about bees and how to take care of them.
From the 20th to the 23 of June 2019 GAIA is organizing a BEE event in the small village of Bozevce in the south-east of Kosovo. During these three days, with ecological beekeeper Yasemin Kireç, you will have the chance to learn and discuss different topics such as:
- History of beekeeping
- Benefits of bees and the decline of honeybee population
- Types of honey bees
- Types of hives
- Selecting a location for your hives
- Nectar flow and bloom cycles – why this is important to know
- Basic beekeeping equipment
- How to inspect a beehive
- Potential hive diseases
- Honey harvest and other bee products
- What to expect during your first year
You may also have a chance to see the different steps to set up a bee hive and finally see a real one in our garden.
GAIA will provide nice food (local, seasonal and vegetarian), a peaceful place to sleep in a peaceful village with a lot of stars, international friends and more than anything good memories.
Conditions of participation:
- No bee allergies
- Be interested and curious about the topic
- Have a good level of English (to discuss and learn)
- Over 18 years old
- Be available during the whole event
- Should not be afraid of animals and insects
If you’re interested in learning more about bees and you want to discover their amazing world while you spend a good time, please apply HERE before the of 8th of June .
For any questions, you can contact us via e-mail: email@example.com
Images by PIXABAY